Duffin Meadows Cemetery
Back to Gallery
COVID-19 Protocols - Read More
Duffin Meadows Cemetery
Opened in 1993, Duffin Meadows has a heritage and location linking back to the late 1800s. Originally a farm, the site features a natural landscape of valleys, ponds, rolling meadows and mature trees. The original farmhouse has been renovated and serves as the cemetery office. Future plans will give priority to respecting the historic setting and incorporating the natural rural character of the property.Ground Burial Options
- A single grave, which can accommodate up to two burial containers (caskets or cremation urns)
- A single grave that can accommodate up to two burial containers (caskets or cremation urns) and permits an upright monument
- A larger lot of two or more graves that permits an upright monument.
- Cremation Burial Plots for the burial of cremated remains.
- Granite-fronted urn niches in an outdoor columbarium
- Cremation Burial Plots in a feature area
- Natural boulder memorial urn spaces
- Granite curb Cremation Burial Plots bordering a tree
- Burial in a grave or family lot
- Cremorial granite bench
- Niche inscriptions designed according to your wishes
- The Garden of Remembrance: a stunning cemetery within a cemetery, offering a variety of cremation interment rights types in an exquisite pond setting
Natural Burial Options
Duffin Meadows’ Natural Burial section offers families a more natural environment to return remains to the earth as naturally as possible:
- Each grave can accommodate up to one casket plus one cremated remains, or two cremated remains
- Surface scattering is not permitted
- Embalming is only permitted when biodegradable solutions are used
- Burial vaults or outer containers are not permitted
- Caskets, shrouds and urns must be biodegradable; lacquer or varnished finishes are not permitted
- Markers, monuments, or memorials are not permitted on individual graves. Instead, memorialization is limited to an inscription of on one of the four central feature monolithic rocks
- Tokens of remembrance, artificial flowers and/or live plant materials may not be placed on these graves
- Grasses covering the gravesites will not be mowed.
Adapting to Diversity
We strive to serve all communities, faiths and cultures in the local areas where we operate, and in 2002, we added a section designed specifically to meet the needs of the growing Chinese community.
Duffin Meadows also has a lovely section for Canadian and Allied veterans and their spouses. In recognition of veterans’ service to their country, the costs of interment rights in this section are reduced.
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday to Saturday
We are closed on Sundays and public holidays.
|Daylight Saving Time to September 30th||8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.|
|October 1st to Eastern Standard Time||8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.|
|Eastern Standard Time to Daylight Saving Time
||8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.|
2505 Brock Road North,
Pickering, ON L1X 0K3